As we consider all that this year has brought, one word keeps coming to mind: gratitude. Very few previous years have been as powerful a reminder of all the people, places and things we strive not to take for granted. For example:
- Our health and the health of our loved ones
- The incredible mountain views we wake up to every morning
- The Green Mountain Farm quiet living community of neighbors and friends
- Books we’ve read, journals we’ve filled and photos we’ve snapped
- Reverting back to simpler days as we spent quality time together being Safer at Home
We’re sure you all could make your own list of these kinds of precious gifts. If you have the time, we’d love for you to share with us your 2020 list of gratitude so that we can celebrate with you!
Winter highlights in the WNC Mountains
Continuing in the theme of gratitude, we’ve seen some incredible resiliencies arise from the challenges that Covid-19 has presented to our world. Even when schools couldn’t function as usual, learning happened. When community events couldn’t be held in traditional ways, new methods presented themselves. When holidays became a time to stay separate, we stayed separate together.
We’d be remiss to not include a highlight of some of the specific ways the WNC Mountain communities made the very best of a unique year. Just a few we’re especially proud of include:
- Hellbender Trail addition: As of this past November, our fantastic 150-mile greenway trail system has officially grown a little bit larger! The new section will connect Brevard to Hendersonville in a 19-mile recreational path converted from an unused rail corridor. This addition will be referred to as the Ecusta Trail. To learn more about this new addition or about the full trail, visit the Hellbender Trail website.
- Virtual Options for Accessible Art: Due to Covid restrictions, many students have had reduced access to experiential music and art. Considering this, Toe River Arts saw fit to expand its offerings. The Traditional Arts Program for Students (TAPS) 2021 curriculum will include virtual options for guitar and fiddle lessons as well as traditional textile classes.
- Outdoor Holiday/Winter Fun: While many holiday and winter events in 2020 were canceled to keep us safe, several worked hard to find creative substitutes for the traditional methods. Included in those creative few were the Winter Lights at the North Carolina Arboretum. Their annual indoor light show has been transformed into a drive-through enchanted forest that filled our hearts with holiday glow. Visit the Winter Lights at The N.C. Arboretum website to learn more! (It’s running through January 10th, so you still have time to enjoy it if you haven’t yet!)
We Launched a New Website
Last, but certainly not least, we are thrilled to announce that we closed out 2020 with a bang by launching our brand-new website! Our focus in this venture was to create a presence that clearly communicated our vision for the Green Mountain Farm community and beyond. We welcome you to come visit our new website as well as to share it with anyone you know who might be looking to learn more about the benefits of quiet living!
We are so thankful to our friends at LR Design and Marketing for helping us effectively and beautifully share our dream of building a more peaceful world, starting with our own backyard.
Homes for Sale in NC Mountains
Green Mountain Farm is a one-of-a-kind, 333-acre Blue Ridge Mountain living community in Western North Carolina. This private and natural setting allows homeowners to get away from the modern world and live a peaceful lifestyle. No matter what 2021 brings, our community is guaranteed to offer you a more tranquil setting to enjoy it in. Give us a call today to learn more about our homesites and homes for sale.